QuickCoords is a simple tool for quickly and easily capturing a series of pixel coordinates from an image or series of images. The emphasis in the design is on natual and intuitive controls, and a rapid workflow.
The program is absolutely free and open source, and is available for the following platforms:
QuickCoords is still in beta, but the following features are fully functional:
- Select a folder, and load images from that folder.
- Quickly switch between images using a range of keyboard shortcuts.
- Click anywhere in the image to get the coordinates of that point with sub-pixel accuracy.
- Select and remove points individually, or in groups.
- Shift points around if your initial click was a handful of pixels off.
- Copy a list of points for pasting into most spreadsheet programs.
- Export the points as a CSV file or plain text.
It was written in Python using PyQt during March 2014, in response to a need to manually capture coordinates of objects across several hundred images.